2009年12月6日日曜日

Class #6 Time

1. Please explain a time proverb in your culture.
Time and tide wait for no one <You are wasting your time if you keep delaying something that must be done instead of doing it today.>

Procrastination is the thief of time <Time is precious, once it is past no one can go back and claim it thus everyone should be mindful of how his time is spent.>


2. What do the following proverbs mean
a. Time is money
This mean is "don't waste time and money because both of them are necessary and important.” We know money is important, but time also important like money. It is worth can't buying it with money. The lost time becomes a loss that is bigger than lost money.

b. A stitch in time saves nine
This mean is “It ends with one needle if you mend the dress that the string becomes loose at once. However, the hole comes to grow big, and you have to sew by as many as ten needles when you leave it.” So, do that you can do it now right now. If you do what needs to be done as soon as possible, you don't have to make a fuss later.

c. There's no time like the present.
It is a chance now. There is not chance other than now.

d. Let's meet at 4. If I'm not there by 5, leave without me at 6, and I'll be there at 7.
I have never heard this proverb and I have no idea. However, I dislike unpunctual person. When I am late for time I lose not only my time, but also partners time.

4 件のコメント:

  1. Time and tide wait for no one...It is my favorite proverb. when I hear the proverb, I have a sobering.  I must not waste time.

    返信削除
  2. Hi! I have a lot of unpuncutual friends, so I always wait for them. I shook down to wait. Haha

    返信削除
  3. Hi!
    I thought time has beenlong, but once it is past no one can go back. I think time is very precious.

    返信削除
  4. Hi!!
    I agree that when I am late for time I lose not only my time, but also partners time.

    返信削除