2009年10月18日日曜日

Homework #1

1. Do you agree with the web site's description? What do you do that can be called "wrapping"?

   ⇒ I agree with web site. Japanese like wrapping because, Japanese is particular about being clean. I think that wrapping can prevent dirt from the outside. And also Japanese have an idea that it is impolite when given things which aren't wrapping to person from long ago. So, Japanese has used HUROSIKI(風呂敷) and HUKUSA(ふくさ).


2. a. Where do you go when you die? 
   ⇒ I think we go to haven.

b. Explain why do Japanese have death memorial services 1 month, 1 year, 3 years, 7 years, etc. after a person's death?
   ⇒ In the Buddhism of Japan, there is a custom of holding a funeral for the dead and valuing the ancestor. Because the life is always born from the ancestor and grows up. We become valuable existence by doing the Buddhist service.

5 件のコメント:

  1. Ahh, I like your thoughts on "wrapping" - of course, wrapping is about keeping the gift inside the paper clean and nice for the person who opens it. But even if there's no chance of *real* dirt, keeping something wrapped up means it's special too, don't you think?

    Valuing ancestors is a way to make sure that the living family members receive benefits too? So it's a trade between the living and the dead... that makes sense.

    返信削除
  2. Hello, candy. Do you like candy? I like candy:-)
    Anyway, I think wrapping protect outside. Some foreigner care "wrapping".

    Humm...I have heard the sentence "the life is always born from the ancestor and grows up".

    返信削除
  3. Hello,candy.
    Aha...that is why Japanese has used HUROSIKIand HUKUSA. Very interesting opinion! It is blind spot for me!!

    返信削除
  4. Hi.
    You have very interesting idea.
    My grandmother use HUROSHIKI even now.

    返信削除
  5. Hello.
    I think so, too.
    I think that Death people go to heaven.

    返信削除